Bootstrap v4.5.0 has landed with dozens of bug fixes, some small new features, and some changes to the development process. This version was originally planned as a v4.4.2 patch release, but the Bootstrap team bumped this to a minor release on account of the new features that help bridge the gap between v4 and our upcoming v5.
What’s New – Highlights
Here are the highlights and what’s new in Bootstrap 4.5.0.
- New interaction utilities. Quickly set
user-selectwith the new utilities and Sass map.
- New Reboot style for pointer cursors. The team now include a
role="button"selector in Reboot to set
cursor: pointeron non-
- Examples are now downloadable. The team now added a script to zip up and offer all our Examples as their own download from the docs.
- Saved ~5% from the compressed minified JS builds.
- Added guidance to the Bootstrap docs for how to workaround longstanding input group rounded corner bug.
- Redesigned docs homepage and navbar to increment Bootstrap towards v5’s new docs design.
bg-gradient-variantmixin as it’s being removed in v5.
- Updated to jQuery v3.5.1, Jekyll v4, and dropped Node.js < 10.
Minor Fixes in CSS
- Prevent vertical offset on progress bar in IE11
- Allow percentages in container widths
- Escape brackets
- Add missing Noto Sans font to font stack
- Added new variable for padding on dropdown header
- Fixes disabled
- Added focus state to
- Fix IE auto-size input-group to column
- Prevent grid with default cols from breaking when large pre is present by setting
.text-breakfor IE and Edge compatibility
border-radiusfunctions returning negative values
- Remove unnecessary reduce motion when
- Fix centered modal scrolling issue
- Prevent link underline change from affecting some components
- Remove appearance from date inputs
- Prevent redundant
transition: none intransition()` mixin
- Fix card list group borders & radii
spinner-growanimation in Safari
.btn, and other form controls
- Added new interaction utilities for
user-selectand a new –
role="button"in Reboot to set
- Delete unncecessary
- Grid now checks for for
$grid-columns > 0
- Checks for an empty
$grid-breakpointsmap list to remove all breakpoints
- Prevent list group style leaks
- Disable auto-hiding scrollbar in IE and legacy Edge
- Close modal with
- sanitizer.js: Add srcset in the allowed attributes
- Updated tab.js to address accessibility issue when using ul/li semantic
totypealways return stringified null when null passed
- Enable button toggle on label when checkbox is inside
- Switch to string constants to save ~5% on compressed file size
- Fix event propagation from inactive and disabled dropdowns
- Ensure build plugins can exit in error
- Prevent scrollbar replacement on non-integer width
- scrollspy: only accept valid Elements as input for target
Changes in Docs
- Redesigned docs homepage
- Improved tap target sizing in our navigation
- Added examples for our input group border-radius workaround
- Added warning to browser bugs page that it’s no longer maintained
- Improve wrapping and hit area of accordion example titles
- Move width after
- Add Microsoft Edge for macOS to supported browsers
- Added ability to zip and download our Examples
- Add version number in page title
- Changed input group validation examples to reflect issues with input group
- Headings hierarchy in theming.md
- Updated modal docs to simplify
data-targetusage and more
- Clarify card group behavior
- Remove holder.js leftovers
- Use existing position utility in navbar example
- Make the check for URL stricter in our docs search
- Removed role=”document” from the modal dialog
Changes in Examples
- Fix checkout page forms
- Improve the responsiveness of our Dashboard example
To see the latest version in action, you can check Bootstrap 4.5.0 Documentation.